Senior Back-End Engineer (Go)at Movable Ink (View all jobs)Remote
Customers don’t experience data, they experience content. Movable Ink activates any data into personalized content in any customer engagement. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. Headquartered in New York City, Movable Ink and its 400 employees serve its global client base from operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you will work primarily with Go (and some node.js) to build and maintain the Movable Ink services that are handling hundreds of thousands of events per second. Your work will support many product lines, from back-end APIs powering popular use cases to the distributed systems behind our most crucial offering. You will spend your time working on high availability data processing pipelines, high throughput APIs and partnering with our Site Reliability Engineering team on deployment and infrastructure management.
- Be curious and learn a lot
- Design and contribute to the distributed system supporting integrations with our many data partners
- Maintain and enhance the existing services which support use cases from different areas of the product – and build new ones!
- Pay attention to performance and scaling concerns, and improve the situation as needed
- Provide feedback and guidance to teammates on Pull Requests, during planning/design phase of projects, and in pairing sessions
- Stay focused on outcomes and help us to always move forward, be proactive and resist stagnation
- Extensive production experience with Go
- Experience with high-throughput production systems
- Production experience with, and good grasp of, distributed systems design
- Experience with a messaging framework such as kafka, pulsar, NSQ a plus
- Experience with building public facing APIs a plus
- Experience working with data through postgres, spark, hive a plus